The 15th annual Cactus Challenge is a homebrew competition hosted by Lubbock's Ale-ian Society homebrew club. This year's Cactus Challenge was open to all BJCP categories plus our "Area 51" most unusual ingredient category which saw a total of 313 entries.
The Cactus Challenge Awards is a two day event in which we present the awards for the winning entries in each category.
Schedule of events:
September 21st will be the Meet and Greet Night from 6pm to 11pm
- "Pot Luck" food and snacks, beer, friends, meet other brewers, games and more!
September 22nd will be the final round judging for the Cactus Challenge.
- 8am to 11am for the morning session, Lunch will be provided for staff, stewards and judges.
- The afternoon session will start at 12:30pm until about 3:30.
- Best of Show judging will follow the afternoon session starting about 4pm. During the Best of Show judging, from 4pm to 7pm, we are invited to a beer and cheese pairing.
- The Awards dinner will start at 7pm ($20 pre-ordered or $30 at the door).
- Awards presentations and raffle will follow around 8pm.
Ashmore Inn & Suites
4019 South Loop 289 at Quaker
Lubbock, Texas 79423
Main: 806-785-0060 | Reservations: 800-785-0061 | Fax: 806-785-6001
Event rate of $80.99 per night when stating "Cactus Challenge" during reservations.
All Cactus Challenge activities will be held in the Biltmore Room of the Ashmore Inn & Suites