Briess Midnight Wheat Malt is an excellent malt for color with subtle, smooth flavor for Black IPAs, dark wheat beers and Schwarzbier. Use up to 10% for deep color plus mild, smooth flavor in porters and stouts. Deep color with mild roasted/chocolate/coffee flavors.
- Midnight Wheat Malt will contribute the same color characteristics as Black Malt but without the bitter, astringent, dry flavors or aftertaste.
- Use as replacement to debittered black malt
- Excellent in Black IPAs, Schwarzbiers, other dark ales and lagers and for color adjustment in any beer style
- 1-2% Minor color adjustment with little to no flavor impact in lighter colored lagers and ales
- 2-5% Adds color with subtle, very smooth flavor
- 5-10% Use in larger quantities for color plus hints of smooth roasted flavor